Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Elke Sommer Is So Stunning, Plus Random Facts About Me

This beautiful photo of Elke Sommer comes courtesy of my friend Bill.

elke-frombill

I'm also posting a tribute video devoted to Elke that I came across. The music featured in this video is actually Elke singing. I hope you enjoy it.




P.S. I've been tagged several times lately to reveal 7 to 10 random facts about myself. I thought it was time that I sit down and actually share some more about my life. These are actually all things from my childhood and adolescence. I'm posting this to both my blogs today. I hope you enjoy finding out more about me.

1. My first fight in school was in kindergarten. I don't even remember what started it. It was a draw. We both got some good hits in. My parents were told that I was probably going to be a troublemaker and to watch me.

2. My brother and I would dance around our living room listening to the disco records of our parents when we were kids. We both really loved ABBA.

3. I was obsessed with the Six Million Dollar Man and G.I. Joe as a kid.

4. My brother and I played all sorts of things when we were growing up. We would be everything from Batman and Robin to Starsky and Hutch.

5. I can't remember how old I was (maybe 10 or 11), but a friend and I filled a cardboard box up with everything from leaves to trash. We then poured lighter fluid on it and lit it up. It made a huge explosive sound and shot fire up into the air. This was at my grandmother's house. You can imagine she wasn't too happy.

6. I had three operations as a kid for kidney problems.

7. I started wearing eyeglasses in the third grade.

8. When I was in junior high, I let a high school girl that I had a crush on put makeup on me. I thought I looked pretty cool. My parents had a different outlook on it when I got off the bus. They were not amused at all.

9. When I took physical education in eighth grade, our teacher decided to try out some new program. We were allowed to have music playing during the gym class. I was in charge of the tunes.

10. While I'm not sure I believe in reincarnation, I have had what seemed like dreams of past lives from the time I can remember. One dream that I had on a regular basis starting in high school was that I was a Jew living under the rule of the Greeks in ancient times.

34 comments:

Keith said...

Great post, Keith. Who doesn't love "Dancing Queen"?

Nancy Sinatra Fan said...

Beautiful photo and video about Elke.

I liked reading these facts about you. I can only imagine what your grandmother's reaction was over your explosion outside.

Keith said...

Thanks K&S. I love that song so much. I loved the movie Mamma Mia.

Keith said...

Thanks Phoebe. Oh yeah. My grandmother tore my butt up. lol It's funny now, but not so funny back then.

wiec? said...

cool post Keith. i started wearing glasses in 1st grade and i will never wear contacts. i have a phobia about stuff and my eye.

Keith said...

Hey Wiec. I've never worn contacts. I'm really freaky about stuff close to my eyes. It scares me.

Amy said...

So Keith are you still a troublemaker? lol that first photo of Elke Sommer, I'm digging the outfit she's wearing.

Unknown said...

Interesting stuff, Keith. We started wearing eyeglasses around the same age.

The Sydney Girl said...

keith!!!!!!!!! i loved
reading about you! so
funny! naughty boy in
kindy. getting makeup
put on by a friend in
jnr high! dreams of past
lives! i love it! you are
a very interesting person
=) hope you have a lovely
day keith! xxx

Mirko di Wallenberg said...

What a great photo of Elke Summer, an underrated actress! One of the few actresses that, although had some hardship after her career, did farely will after getting married! Whaw, what a great info about you, Keith, about your reincarnation dreams! Normally when people talk about reincarnation they have some kind of wild stories but the fact that you were a jew under Greek regime indicates an historical fact that not many people know! Did you do some kind of follow up research?

Keith said...

Hey Amy. There are some who would probably consider me a troublemaker. I've never seen it though. I'm just being me. lol

Keith said...

Hey Rev. That's pretty cool. I've heard from some other people who started wearing them around the same age too.

Keith said...

Hey Joelyne. Thanks so much. I have done some interesting things over the years. Glad you enjoyed these. Cheers!

Keith said...

Hey Mirko. Thanks. I love Elke. She doesn't get as much attention as she should. Glad you enjoyed reading these things about me. I became quite the history buff. I've never had any sort of wild dreams that I was like Caesar or something like that. My dreams were always more common. This one was a persistent one. I grew up to be very interested in Judaism. It has made me wonder.

Mondo said...

It's Sommer time!!

Keith said...

Definitely so. :-)

Christina said...

hahaha, a fight in kindergarten?
i think i tried to makeup on my guy friends when i was younger, but alas, no takers. you could have been my model!

Nancy Sinatra Fan said...

I got spanked quite a few times myself when I was growing up. I deserved it most of the time.

Keith said...

Hey Down & Out. Thanks. Yeah, I was pretty much willing to try anything once. I was always an inquisitive kid. That often got me into trouble. lol

Keith said...

Hey Phoebe. Yeah, I deserved most of the spankings I got too. I did get whipped a few times when it was my brother or cousin's fault. Oh well. That's life. I'm not complaining.

Baybay Mama said...

I loved this post! I totally love how random the facts were because most people who do this are like, 'I really like the color blue' stuff like that but your stories are great. My favorite is the make up. I wonder if she was doing more girlie make up or more David Bowie:)

Mrs. M. said...

i loved hearing all the random facts about you. The one about PE class reminded me of my own days in gym. We had this really big ball (about 5 or 6 feet-really heavy and shaped like those excercise medicine balls) Our teacher divided us into two groups and basically we would jsut run at the ball and try to push the other team over. It was so dangerous and my best friend wound up breaking his thumb, but they still had us play. I remember thinking how reckless it was even then. They would never let kids do such a thing now and thank God.

Keith said...

Hey Deana. Thanks. I'm really happy you enjoyed checking out these facts about me. I thought if I was going to do it then I was really going to share some stuff. I can't remember now exactly how she did the makeup. I was already a Bowie fan back then. Cheers!

Keith said...

Hey Mrs. M, Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed these facts about me. Oh yeah. We did a lot of things back then whether at school or elsewhere that would be considered dangerous. Some things probably were too dangerous and others were just kids being kids.

Unknown said...

I love the one about about you and the make up..hhahaaa,

great stories.

The oaks

noone said...

hehe I started wearing glasses in the 3rd grade as well, my vision sucks~! And who doesn't love ABBA?! there was that swedish group that did a remake of ABBA back in the 90's.. A*Teens? The chicks were hot in it lol

Gabbi said...

Elke is gorgeous and your facts are fascinating Keith... my favorites are the ones of your dancing to disco in the living-room, my sis and I did the same! And one about your dreams of past lives. Thanks so much for sharing.

molly said...

awesome, keith, it was fun to learn more about you, especially seeing as how this isn't a personal blog
and elke is gorgeous!

Keith said...

Hey The Oaks. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Glad you enjoyed that one about the makeup. It was quite an experience.

Keith said...

Hey Pop. Thanks. I'm finding a lot of people who started wearing glasses around 3rd grade. ABBA is so amazing. I remember that other group. I agree with you about those girls.

Keith said...

Hey Gabbi. Thanks. I'm really glad you liked the photo of Elke and the facts about me. I had a fun time putting this one together. Cheers!

Keith said...

Hey Molly. Thanks. It was great hearing from you. I'm glad you liked reading these. I usually don't do much in the way of personal info, but it is nice to share things and there.

Haute World said...

She's stunning! Great photo. Also, thanks for sharing the random facts... looks like you put your grandmother through a lot ;-)

Keith said...

Hey Haute. Thanks. Glad you enjoyed this post. Yeah, I definitely drove my gran crazy.