I was tagged by Molly at Ashcan Rantings to participate in this meme. It's called 20 Women I Admire. I had created a meme recently over at The Dino Lounge about 20 Men I Admire. It got a lot of great response. I was very thrilled with that. I was more than happy to participate in this meme that Molly created.
I had done a meme awhile ago that was called The 20 Actresses Meme. I posted many of my favorite actresses from the 1960's and 1970's. I didn't want to repeat that same list with this particular meme. I decided to do something a little different. This new list features women that have all played Bond girls.
Some might find it strange that someone can admire women that have played Bond girls. Personally I do. This is an elite club of women. There are so many actresses that would kill to play in the latest Bond film. All of these women are very beautiful. Of course, some of the characters are more or less eye candy. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that. But there are also plenty of these characters who are strong and very capable women in their own right. They play a big part in the success of Bond's mission.
I have picked one woman from each Bond film. There are other women I love from these movies, but these are the ones I chose. They are not in the order of preference, but in the order of the year their particular film came out. I hope you like my list. Let me know which of these women you really like. I'm not going to tag anyone, but please feel free to participate yourself if you like. Thanks.
1. Ursula Andress as Honey Ryder in Dr. No. (1962)
2. Daniela Bianchi as Tatiana Romanova in From Russia With Love (1963)
3. Honor Blackman as Pussy Galore in Goldfinger (1964)
4. Claudine Auger as Domino Thunderball (1965)
5. Mie Hama as Kissy in You Only Live Twice (1967)
6. Diana Rigg as Tracy Bond in On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
7. Lana Wood as Plenty O'Toole in Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
8. Jane Seymour as Solitaire in Live and Let Die (1973)
9. Britt Ekland as Mary Goodnight in The Man With The Golden Gun (1974)
10. Barbara Bach as Anya Amasova in The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
11. Lois Chiles as Holly Goodhead in Moonraker (1979)
12. Carole Bouquet as Melina in For Your Eyes Only (1981)
13. Maud Adams as Octopussy in Octopussy (1983)
14. Tanya Roberts as Stacey Sutton in A View To A Kill (1985)
15. Maryam d'Abo as Kara Milovy in The Living Daylights (1987)
16. Talisa Soto as Lupe Lamora in Licence To Kill (1989)
17. Famke Janssen as Xenia Onatopp in Goldeneye (1995)
18. Michelle Yeoh as Wai Lin in Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)
19. Sophie Marceau as Elektra King in The World Is Not Enough (1999)
20. Halle Berry as Jinx in Die Another Day (2002)
21. Eva Green as Vesper Lynd in Casino Royale (2006)
22. Olga Kurylenko as Camille in Quantum Of Solace (2008)