Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Women Who Rock Out

I wanted to share some videos with you of some of my favorite female singers. I hope you enjoy these. Which ones do you really like? Who would you have added that I didn't? Let me know what you think.

Joan Jett - I Love Rock 'n Roll



Pat Benatar - Heartbreaker



Heart - Barracuda



Blondie - One Way Or Another



Lita Ford - Kiss Me Deadly



The Pretenders - Brass In Pocket



Tina Turner - Nutbush City Limits



Did anybody see the movie The Runaways? I saw it not that long ago on DVD. I thought this was a perfect time to post some videos from that movie.

The first one is a short clip of Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett singing I Love Playing With Fire.



The second video is Cherry Bomb, featuring Dakota Fanning as Cherie Currie and Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett. The embedding was disabled for it, so I put a link in the title of the song. Check it out.

P.S. I know it's been awhile since I've blogged. I've been tied up with getting things sorted out for going back to college. I did want to get a new post up here. Thursday & Friday I will go around to your blogs to leave some comments for those you've left on my last couple of posts. I wanted to let you guys know the good news. I took the math placement tests for college this morning. I scored high enough that I can go into Math 80, which is basically Introduction to Algebra. That's the last course right before College Algebra. It's actually the class I was hoping to get into. I'm no math whiz at all. I didn't do great in math years ago. I actually surprised myself that I did as well today as I did. I was nervous that I would end up in more of a remedial math class. I wanted to get into this particular course because it would be a great way to learn more about the subject material before getting into the harder course. That way maybe it might not be as much of a struggle now. Early registration for the next semester is on November 3rd. Classes will start in January. I had wanted to let you guys know. I'm so happy and thrilled. I know I've got a long road ahead of me, but today was a big weight off my chest. Thanks for all your support. I appreciate it.



22 comments:

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Sooo many great ladies here!

Congrats on your test and going back to school. That is fantastic!

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

Nadine2point0 said...

Way to go with your academics! Never apologize for putting that before all.
Great post - don't think you missed anyone that I would have included. Maybe Annie Lennox ?

Melanie's Randomness said...

Hell Yeah! Cheers to Pat Benatar & Joan Jett!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your placement tests, Keith! That's awesome. Good luck, my friend.

I enjoyed your list of women rockers, esp. the Wilson sisters from Heart. I would also add into the mix Liz Phair and Juliana Hatfield.

Scott (gotankgo) said...

The ladies ARE rocking - really dig Heart's Barracuda clip from the 70s. Good deal on your math placement test outcome. Math has always been a tough subject for me too. Keep at it Keith!

lorenabr said...

Good luck with your study :)
Like all the videos you picked

Lee Oliveira said...

Loved the videos Keith..
And wishing you all the best with your studies
You will be the star for sure
LOx

ellie said...

I was really shocked at how good The Runaways were. Very cool.

Some great music here!

Holly said...

totally awesome. oh..I updated on Another Skin.

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

Great post! I loved The Runaways, saw it on my birthday! Take care.

Gorgeous Glam said...

Tina Turner rocks!! Congrats on the classes!

Unknown said...

fab videos!

Missy
Enter my Halloween giveaway:
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

ALL AND POSH said...

I love rock & roll (:
Un besito, V.

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Congrats on the college acceptance, Keith! That is SO awesome and I wish you all the best luck as you move forward. :)

And I love these videos.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

LOVE Blondie and Joan Jett

Congrats on the math class. I hope you do really well

I've been helping my son with 7th grade math and if I can figure out what the heck we're supposed to be doing it, I can't seem to put into words what it is or how or why to explain to him. Give me English class any day :)

Siru said...

Blondie is a classic!

juliet xxx

Mary-Laure said...

Actually, The Runaways is not my Nextflix DVD list. I am really eager to watch it.

YES, WOMEN ROCK!

Melissa Hafting said...

I love Joan Jett! I saw her in august here live! her concert was incredible. She sang all her hits and her mother had died the night before which was sad she was shaken on stage and you saw her collapse at the end of the set but during the performance she was amazing as usual.

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

I don't have a sound card so I can't listen to those songs but from what I think I know- I love them all! especially "heartbreaker". Great job on the math placement! I'm glad things are going so well for you and you're adjusting to losing your job. I think it's the start of something wonderful!

ediot said...

hello! great post here .
love these songs. thanks for sharing. hope you're having a great weekend

Gisela said...

keith!!!!! I'm very happy for you!!!!!! these are great news!!!!! congratulations!!!!!!!!!

bravegrrl said...

i loved the runaways movie!!! great post!!