Monday, November 17, 2008
I have been tagged by Jeremy at Moon In The Gutter in the following Meme.
Here are the rules:
1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet.
2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles.
3. Return of the Jedi belongs under "R," not "S" as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with "S." Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under "R," not "I" as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under "L" and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under "C," as that's what those filmmakers called their films from the start. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Use your better judgement to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.
4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T."
5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google.
6. If you're selected, you have to then select 5 more people.
I tried to pick mostly films from the 1960's and 1970's.
A. At the Earth's Core (Kevin Connor)
B. Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (Russ Meyer)
C. Contraband (Lucio Fulci)
D. Danger: Diabolik (Mario Bava)
E. Emmanuelle (Just Jaeckin)
F. Foxy Brown (Jack Hill)
G. Gator Bait (Beverly & Ferd Sebastian)
H. Hell Up in Harlem (Larry Cohen)
I. Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS (Don Edmonds)
J. Jungle Holocaust (Ruggero Deodata)
K. Kansas City Bomber (Jerrold Freedman)
L. Lady Frankenstein (Mel Welles & Aureliano Luppi)
M. Murderers' Row (Henry Levin)
N. Nightmare City (Umberto Lenzi)
O. On Her Majesty's Secret Service (Peter R. Hunt)
P. The Pom Pom Girls (Joseph Ruben)
Q. Quest for Fire (Jean-Jacques Annaud)
R. Rolls-Royce Baby (Erwin C. Dietrich)
S. Sex & Fury (Norifumi Suzuki)
T. They Call Her One Eye (Bo Arne Vibenius)
U. The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (Jacques Demy)
V. Vampyros Lesbos (Jess Franco)
W. What's New, Pussycat? (Clive Donner & Peter Talmadge)
X. X the Unknown (Leslie Norman)
Y. Your Vice Is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key (Sergio Martino)
Z. Zorro, the Gay Blade (Peter Medak)
1. Glenn at Glenn Bishop's Magic and Entertainment World!
2. Reverend Phantom at Midnight Confessions
3. Dave at Planet Mondo
4. Gilligan at Retrospace
5. Bill at The Uranium Cafe
P.S. The picture featured in this post is of Christina Lindberg in They Called Her One Eye, otherwise known as Thriller: A Cruel Picture.