Congratulations to me! I'm happy to announce that Jeremy at his amazing Jean Rollin blog Fascination: The Jean Rollin Experience has honored this blog by awarding it the Dardos Award. This is the first award I've received at either of my blogs, so I'm really thrilled with this.
I'm a big fan of Jeremy's blog. It was really wonderful to be given this award by him. I appreciate it very much. The award originated at Pierre Fournier's Frankensteinia blog. It's described as:
The Dardos Award is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.
I am tasked now with picking five of my favorite bloggers to give the award to while following these rules:
1) Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.
2) Pass the award to another five blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgement, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.
This is a hard one to do. There are so many blogs that I love and enjoy checking out. I had to really think on this. These are the five I finally decided on:
1. Aschan Rantings - Molly is a very witty blogger. Her blog covers music, film, fashion & so much more. I always get a kick out of her latest blogs on whatever topic. She covers everything from the 60's and 70's to today's entertainment world.
2. Retrospace - Gil has such a wonderful retro blog. It helps bring back memories of the tv shows, music, movies, etc. that I loved back when I was growing up. His blog has also brought to my attention items of the past I don't even remember.
3. Midnight Confessions - Rev. Fred Phantom's blog has such great live reviews of various types of exploitation films and so forth. I enjoy seeing what his take is on these movies. Fred sounds like he's got a great personality. He seems to have a deep love and knowledge about the movies he blogs about.
4. The Uranium Cafe - Bill has one of the best looking blogs I've seen. I've learned a lot about movies of the 50's, etc. that I never knew. He's introduced me to many movies I've never even heard of. Bill posts everything from pictures to movie reviews on his blog.
5. I Spit On Your Taste - Nigel uses his blog as a chance to explore various details about the movies he loves. Since I've been visiting his blog, he's had fascinating posts on everything from Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS to Russ Meyer's Mondo Topless. It's inspired me to see some films I never have seen before.
There are so many other blogs I could have awarded this to. I apologize to anyone who feels left out. These are just five in particular that I thought deserved some credit and attention. All my blogging friends have wonderful and interesting blogs that I adore. By the way, I did not put these in any specific order. I just posted them as I decided on which ones.